Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Holidays Panama

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2667412&id=3204872&l=96e801206d

Those are some pictures from this month. I got invited to help slaughter some chickens, but missed it by 15 minutes.. darn. I did help them pluck.. which obviously was my first because I did one in the time that everyone else did 3. The response I got when I showed the women my work was "woah David, salío bonito!".. then they chopped its head off and yanked out the guts.

We have a string of holidays in November.. Nov 3 Separation from Colombia, Nov 4: Day of the Flag, Nov 5 Colón Day, Nov 10: The Uprising of Los Santos against Spain, Nov 28: Indep from Spain. I'll be in Chiriqui (Cerro Punta) again for Thanksgiving next week. Then comes Mothers Day on Dec 8.

Class is winding down.. last day is Dec 13. I'll have a bit more free time in the Summer haha, but I do have plans to build more stoves around town.. just waiting for my grant to go through. I have some stocked up so I hope I can get at least 3 done in early December before coming home wooo. I'll be in SD the 22nd to 28th.

Maria is coming down to celebrate the holidays with us. We read something awhile back that a volunteer in a long distance relationship should try to see their boyfriend/girlfriend every 4 months and.. its actually ending up that way haha.

The link has pictures from the parade on the 3rd in Loma Bonita and the 4th in Copé. It was a rainy week just like last year.

This kid is called 'chinito' maybe for obvious reasons.. here's his victory dance after my gooool (I scored on a 4 yr old).






No comments:

Post a Comment