I’ve been starting to feel a bit guilty lately about being out of site with the little trips since Maria’s been around, but the days that we’re in town we do enough pasearing and I work at the school so the guilt goes away pretty quick. We’re currently in the city dropping Maria off at the airport tomorrow. We stayed in Nuevo Emperador with my training family which was fun, they were all stoked to have me back even for just the night. Everything was the same except the puppy I lived with during training is now a full blown dog.
After 7 months in Panama I finally went to see the canal haha. Well.. I’ve seen it tons of times driving over it, but just now went to the locks/museum/etc. Glad I read Path btwn the Seas before I went b/c I could fill in all the blanks of the history the museum left out (lots of blanks.. read the book).
Anyway, backtrack a bit to Costa Rica. Monteverde was way fun, definitely did its job as a tourist town. There were way more gringos walking around than locals.. little different than Boquete where the tourists were a little more mixed in. We ziplined with a company called Aventura and were gonna do a night hike in the park but it started pouring mid-zipline. The rain made it way harder to slow down, adding to the fun so it was nothing to complain about.
Next day we went out to a chill Caribbean town, Cahuita. We walked around on the beach, hung out with the owners and did a mini-hike through the national park. The trail is right on the coast, looping around a little peninsula. Didn’t see any howler monkeys but definitely heard em. We decided to turn around midway and head out to the sloth sanctuary. Still haven’t seen one in the wild but saw a good amount in rehab.. funny looking things.
The bus back was better than the way there as in they gave us meals and put some movies on. Either way it was still an overnight bus with a shitty, 3 hour border crossing :p. After a few days hanging out in site again/working at the school, we left again and well I guess that brings me back to where I started this thing. Here are pictures..
No comments:
Post a Comment