Sunday, November 1, 2009

Boquete and Bocas

The quick decision to head up to Boquete was definitely worth it. Nice, quiet mountain town.. too bad we didn't have a few days to do the hikes in the area but we did take the Cafe Ruiz tour.. there were only 4 of us. The other guy and I both spoke spanish and english but his girlfriend only spoke spanish and maria, english.. so the tour guide did double the work and gave the whole tour in both languages. For Thanksgiving I'll be up in the same general area at Cerro Punta.. hopefully there'll be some time to hike volcan baru.

Right after the tour ended we booked it out to David and up to the Bocas Islands and met up with some volunteer friends for halloween festivities. I finally got to be a tourist.. as in spending too much money. We took a day long boat tour of 4 islands, saw dolphins, snorkeled (well I did at least, Maria took pictures from the boat) and chilled on the beach. We're in David now, heading back to LB tomorrow for the holidays. Heres some pictures of the trip so far.. the ones that look like a Caribbean island is Bocas.


Boquete

Learning how to prep pescado

At the creek in site, heading to the waterfall

teaching ingles, we're playing hangman w/ family vocab

you can't see me. i'll leave the guy on the left nameless to protect his dignity



No comments:

Post a Comment