Like you might know, I got my pet cat. Her name is Ketchup. It actually it was an animal rescue. This one ran away to kaylas house and she called me up to get her.
She´ll live at my 2nd house familys house, who are really good people until I get my own house in October. I am moving into my 3rd host house this Friday. The cat cant stay there because they have 7 crazy dogs. We installed the new locks and doorknobs to my future house yesterday, and we got the sink in there.. sitting on top of two big stumps. Nothing else is fully installed as far as the water connection goes, but thatll all be soon. Brianna is leaving around the 3rd week in September, so we´re slowly going to move furniture she is giving me in.. as well as what my host dad makes me.
You might have heard, Maria got into her masters program for nursing which is exciting. I guess she called me first and left a message but I´m sure I found out way after everyone else haha. The package my friend sent with instant mashed potatoes came in, and I didnt have to pay to pick them up even though we didnt do the pre-warning. I think that is just so it speeds up the process.
Everything is still good out here. MIGHT be going to the city tomorrow with a group of students and Brianna (her last big thing before she leaves) but I might not, am not sure yet. They are going to the canal. Because they are gone tomorrow, I will either start teaching Thursday or next Wednesday. The reforestation guys are really cool and happy to have me there. Right now, I am re"reading" harry potter deathly hallows whenever I have battery in my computer. Right after that I´ll bestarting path btwn the seas. I can´t get myself to be reading 2 books at the same time.
I´ve been looking into a lot of possible masters programs even though that is years away. There are a few International Environmental Studies I have found. http://policy.miis.edu/programs/maiep.html If you notice there is a PC masters program option, which I obviously didn´t do, seeing as how I most likely wouldn´t have gotten in beforehand.
This site has a good list of schools in California http://www.csus.edu/envs/Gradchool.html . There is also http://www.american.edu/sis/degrees/MA-GENP.cfm in DC and I´m sure more if I had more time to look. Apparently a lot of x PeaceCorps end up in DC afterwards. Only issue is.. my GPA was well, low. But for my major requirements I know that it was higher, just am not sure what.
Also, something I may work on here at the school is a penpal program with hopefully a teacher at Solana Highlands or maybe a friend may know a teacher who would like to do it. I have friends teaching little first graders and some teaching high school, but I´m looking more for 4th to 6th grades. Maria told me Mama had an idea of doing something online, and I had thought of that too. Maybe setting up a blog for posts and pictures that we both could connect to.
Ok, I am going to take care of my new crappy mp3 player to return. Talk to you all later
No comments:
Post a Comment