The Garifunda festival was pretty fun in Bajamar. We met a few people and they convinced us to come back for the big finale on Sunday. Our dive instructor was cool enough to change around our schedule, allowing us to finish our practice dives Saturday morning, and our free fun dives that same afternoon to make the fiesta. The garifunda's have a homemade drink called Guifidi, which is made with any rum either really cheap or Flor de Caña (nicaraguan rum). Its then poured into a bigger bottle, and they had 10 different herbs and leaves. 2 that I remember are called Escalera de Mono (a vine.. monkey stairs) and Palo Hombre Grande (Big Man Tree). The latter is supposedly a natural viagra "para la potencia del hombre" said our waitress. Strong but a little tasty. We'll get some more of that on Sunday, most ppl give it out free. Their traditional music and dance is called Punta.
On Tuesday we arrived at Utila -- part of the Bay Islands off the north coast of Honduras -- and have started our certification classes, which should wrap up Saturday with a bunch of free times. Not much time right now, so I'll get back to what we've been up to later, but this place is awesome, outside of it being really, really humid and I wanted to put up this picture we took that I really like.
On Tuesday we arrived at Utila -- part of the Bay Islands off the north coast of Honduras -- and have started our certification classes, which should wrap up Saturday with a bunch of free times. Not much time right now, so I'll get back to what we've been up to later, but this place is awesome, outside of it being really, really humid and I wanted to put up this picture we took that I really like.
The water is so green; it's amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment