Wednesday, January 27, 2010

potato sack walls + wind = no walls

Not a whole lot has been going on here, but I thought I should post something at least to say hey to everyone reading.

Got a few meetings coming up and then big name Alfredo is coming to play in Ojo de Agua.. so i´ve been getting dance lessons. Besides English classes and the occasional bingo/movie fundraiser, I´ve been pretending to go to the beach (laying a towel on my roof.. yep its January and I can do that) and reading.. finally finished off Lord of the rings. The wind TORE up the walls of my latrine so bugs or not.. back to the bucket, no choice haha. My shower is holding on though.

Work-wise.. february shouldn´t be too different than what ive had going on. As far as cultural exchange goes.. I´ll be making my way to the playa for the superbowl and then meeting up with Doug in the city. We´re gonna head out to bocas for a few days and then to Chitre/Las Tablas for the rest of Carnival. I keep hearing rumors of the "world´s 2nd biggest carnival, right behind Rio" so I´ll fill you in later.

Should have a new puppy set up. Its not born yet, so I´ll probably have it after I get back from the states in April

No comments:

Post a Comment